Title: Senior Stress Engineer
- Provide stress analysis of composite and sheet metal structures using Finite Element Modeling & classical hand calculations
- Create structural substantiation reports & other engineering reports
- Work closely with Design & Liaison Engineers, Airframe Mechanics & Shop Floor Personnel
- Review & approve engineering drawings
- Coordinate with other stress analysts for report completion Qualifications/Requirements:
- MS Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience and capabilities should include 8-10 years of classical aircraft hand stress analysis methods and NASTRAN (FEMAP) finite element modeling.
- Familiarity with resources such as MMPDS, Bruhn, Roark, etc., aircraft fasteners, materials, sheet metal assemblies, machined fittings, composites (fiberglass/carbon fiber), and honeycomb and solid laminate construction
- The applicant must have good communication skills, be fluent in English (spoken and written) and proficient in MS Word and Excel for report writing and analysis preparation.
The Senior Stress Engineer performs functions, or is immediately available to perform functions that are considered safety sensitive for the purpose of maintenance or preventive maintenance as defined by 14 CFR 121. Therefore, employment and continued employment with the company is conditioned upon full compliance with the company’s Antidrug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program as required by 14 CFR Part 120, 135, 145 and 49 CFR Part 40.